Saturday, October 7, 2017

Block By Block

Tuesday was the officer's meeting for the Orange County Quilters Guild.  It looks like, barring anyone else wanting the position, I'll probably be secretary again next year.  Which I am good with!  The real problem is going to be finding someone with the proper skill set to be treasurer.  Probably something I should learn - it would be a good resume skill for when I go back to work.

And since then I've been working furiously on guild blocks.  I finished the five pumpkin blocks for Orange Grove's block-of-the-month, and have just today finished my half-a-dozen samples and instructions writeup for Orange County's.  I decided to eschew anything seasonal for November, and just went with what I'm calling "Vintage Twist":


And, having finished those, I'm back to work on the 7" blue string-pieced blocks for the quilt my aunt commissioned for her mother's birthday (November 24th).  I need 56 blocks.  I had 22 done and pressed and trimmed and ready to depaper.  I've sewn 4 more today.  30 to go!

ETA: 14 blocks done tonight.  20 to go.  Bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment