Sunday, July 31, 2022

I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World...

So I went out into the garage and checked the box that said it had dolls in it.  And it did, indeed, have my two Barbie doll cases from the 1980s!  So I brought them into the house and looked to see what I had.  Current count, including the newbies, is seven Barbies (including the Black one and the Curvy one), one Ken, one Lea, one Courtney, and... two Skippers.


Skipper on the left is Great Shape Skipper, dating from 1984 or so.  Skipper on the right, my $.50 thrift store find, is Sun Sensation Skipper, from 1991.  Quite a difference.  I guess we know when Barbie's little sister hit puberty!

I have also discovered that combing freshly detangled Barbie hair is oddly hypnotic.  Last night I did a salon session for the Curvy and Black Barbies, so they have lovely smooth hair now.  I also watched a few tutorials this morning on how to curl Barbie hair, and they gave me ideas.  Just saying.

I have also (for now) finished my sewing for Curvy.  She has two (and a half) outfits.  Time to move on to the next victim doll.


This rose fabric was on the discard table at the quilt guild because it was ugly or something.  I think it makes a perfect Barbie dress.


The skirt went better with the blouse in my head than on paper. I really should make a different skirt to go with the blouse.  Which is okay, because!


The skirt will also work as a shorter dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment