Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A bit of this, a bit of that...

Last night, after the boys were in bed, I finally sat down and started working on the Snuggly Ugly again.  One patch applied, right at the hem, and another loose seam stitched up by hand.  I think there are still two or three more repairs to do, ones that I found during the quilting process.  But for now I'm midway through putting the binding on.  I got it stitched to the backside, then flipped it to the front, and am about a quarter of the way through that side.  Funny thing is, when I came to the ends of the binding, where the two ends join together, the spot where they were to join was exactly at a seam in the binding!  So I just frogged the extra strip off and joined them, and it was a perfect fit!  It felt kind of like getting a perfect dollar purchase at the grocery store. ^_^

I've also been working in the garden.  All seven blueberry plants are in the ground, together with five jalepeno plants, five of the six tomato plants, a row of bean seeds, a row of snow pea seeds, and two rows of leek seeds.  Three of the seven beds in the kitchen garden are now cleared and planted, and I started pulling the weeds in the next one this morning.  Plus I've got thirty-seven strawberries, two more jalepeno plants, and some bush bean seeds started in pots on the patio.  (This tally does not include the ornamental patio plants.)

The cleaning and purging continues apace.  I found the top of my dresser!  And last night actually had tealights burning in two of my candleholders.  And while putting laundry away, I culled a large bag's worth of skirts and dresses and shoes I don't actually wear.  I need to tackle the boys' closet more, though - I've found a lovely sturdy vintage oak dresser on Craigslist, and we're scheduled to go inspect/purchase it on Thursday.  The changing table was sufficient clothing storage when there was only Squiddle, and when Jazzy was littler (and when the weather wasn't playing hot/cold all the time) but we really need more clothing storage for them now, and if I'm going to buy furniture, I want it to be something that I love and that will last a lifetime.  (Next, I need to start looking into a bunkbed situation.  Squiddle is outgrowing his castle toddler bed, but Jazzy's not ready to move from crib to toddler bed yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment