Friday, March 30, 2018

Stressed/Depressed/Working

I hate hormonal depressions.  In some ways, I'll be glad when I have my change of life.

Meantime, I'm trying to work through it!  Here's what I've been accomplishing.  First, the String-X quilt:


It's a kiddie size quilt, a combination of one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns and my eventual discovery of the Rainbow Scrap challenge.  Currently living on the back of the sofa.

Next, the Snuggly Ugly:


This one has grown on me.  I quite like it.  It's homely - but homey.  Atop our comforter, it kind of feels like a weighted blanket.

And here's my current project, a quilt my Aunt Debi has commissioned from me for her mother, Nancy.  I need to have it done by Mother's Day next month.  Here it is as laid out on the bed earlier tonight, before I started sewing all those string blocks and framed embroidery blocks together:


Right now I've got it into two single-block rows (top and bottom) and four double-block rows (the ones with the embroideries.  Tomorrow I hopefully sew the rows together then figure out the math for the inner border (gold, same fabric as is framing the embroideries) and the outer border (mottled green, hope I have enough for the backing also).

No comments:

Post a Comment