Thursday, March 8, 2018

Finished Quilting!

The Snuggly Ugly is quilted!  And it was a beast.  The top thread (two different spools) kept shredding.  The bulk of some of the fabrics was unholy.  And the pleats, oh sweet heaven the pleats... this is the first time I've ever sewn my walking foot to a project!

(And Jazzy's frequent wanting me to stop sewing did not help.)

But it's done.  75" x 86", and I've got some fabric of a similar vintage cut, sewn, and pressed into the binding.  Chili is bubbling on the stove, bread is almost ready to come out of the breadmaker... all I need to do now is trim the quilt and start sewing the binding on.  Nothing is lacking but the inclination.

(And after the binding is on, my work is not done: there's still something like half a dozen spots needing patches that I found during the quilting process.)

No comments:

Post a Comment