Saturday, March 17, 2018

Catching Up

Oops.  Over a week without posting.  Bad me!

Let's see.  Last weekend my mother and the boys and I went to the Friendship Square Quilt Guild's quilt show, where there was an awful lot of eye candy on display.  Beautiful work, some of which made me feel horribly inadequate!

Then this week I had the evening guild meeting, where the next Block of the Month seemed to go over pretty well.  I took thirty handouts and only one came back with me.  I also dumped five boxes and bags of stuff culled from my stash, and only brought one box back home.  Someone else also dumped a bunch of stuff on the freebies table, and I deliberately stayed away until it was almost all gone, but hilariously, one of the two magazines I took to flip through had the same pattern (albeit 1" smaller) that I'd picked for the block of the month!  I also signed up for the guild's UFO challenge.  First project (the Snuggly Ugly!) due next month!

The next day, I had the morning guild, where I spent six dollars on various things, and thoroughly enjoyed the speaker and especially her sense of color!  And I sat stitching away on the tablecloth that's been my take-along project for the last couple years.  One more motif and I'm done with color number two (of three)!  And after the morning guild, that evening I had the last meeting for this term of my writing class.  Busy day, rush rush rush.

Today actually felt kind of similar on the rush-rush-rush front.  This morning was the city's annual compost giveaway.  Despite his belief that 7am does not exist on Saturdays, I coerced Wonderful Husband to get up with me and take his car as well to the giveaway.  With the boys in their car seats in the back of my vehicle, there's not much room for containers to hold compost!  After we got back, I dug in the kitchen garden for a bit, then took the boys with me to yoga.  No one else showed up, so I got a private lesson!  Then back home and next on the docket was the Fullerton Arboretum's Veggiepalooza sale with my mother.  I got thirteen plants; she got three.  Sadly, the offerings seemed somewhat scanter than in previous years....  And then home again and more gardening time.  With Wonderful Husband's help, I got six of the seven blueberry plants into the finished amended bed, and then I pulled weeds and dug more amendments (including some of this morning's compost) into two other beds.  Then corned beef, carrots, potatoes, and corn for dinner, plus I had some sauteed nettles that I set aside from when I was weeding earlier.  (Wonderful Husband and Squiddle tried the nettles, but didn't like them.)

So I know that despite painkillers and a hot shower, I am going to be sore tomorrow.  But I got a fair bit done!  And over the past couple days I've pulled out my blocks from Betsy Chutchian's books and have sewn up all the Wheel of Fortune blocks I had cut, and started in on the remaining Album blocks.  I've also been trying to go through and cut up my overflowing scrap basket (actually a hatbox), and I hit a bunch of fabrics that read as 1800s, so I've been trying to cut those up for those and an indigo snowball nine-patch set of blocks.  I did that until late last night and I'd like to be doing more of it now, but I really really shouldn't, so I'm going to wrap up this not-very-quilty post and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment