Monday, April 9, 2018

Fabric District + Water Heater

I spent the bulk of the day in the Los Angeles fabric district with a friend from out of town.  In 95 degree heat!  But at least I remembered to bring sun hats for us.  Days like today, any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.  And I was good - the only things I bought were a latch fob for my keychain (like my mother's; I've been looking for one for years!) and two crystals to make into suncatchers for the kitchen window.  $3.25 total!

And while that was going on, my parents were graciously babysitting my boys, and Wonderful Husband was supervising our old water heater getting removed and replaced with a tankless.  (This sudden unexpected expense may have been part of why I was good and didn't get $140 worth of malachite beads.)  The west wall... is now ugly.  The old heater hut came down with the heater, and let's just say behind it had never been painted to match the rest of the house.  And we need to get some non-black foam insulation for the now exposed copper water pipes (see: little boys with inquisitive fingers).  But it's done and dusted and now there's one less black widow haven on the property.

The instruction sheet for the block of the month is now done, and so I hie away to bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment