Thursday, April 19, 2018

Carry Water, Chop Wood

Ugh.  Yesterday was an under-the-weather day.  Nonetheless, I persisted.  Got seven and a half loads of laundry done (the remaining load and a half are in the washer and dryer right now), did a spot-repair to a pair of Wonderful Husband's pyjama bottoms, washed dishes, Feed'N'Waxed the coffee table, dug through the pile of miscellaneous stuff on the kitchen counter and got it almost all dealt with, made meatloaf and garlic bread for dinner, changed all the bedsheets, gave both boys baths, hauled the bins in from the curb, swept a bit, and turned two overripe bananas into banana bread.

And yet the house shows almost no sign of being nudged toward cleanliness.  It's amazing.

What I did NOT do was anything with the garden, or anything with sewing or deboning the rest of that stack of shirts.  I need to do this today, to feed my soul.  We'll see if the two little boys let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment