Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Week In Review

The house project that was supposed to be getting done was getting the planter boxes out front fixed, the missing blocks in the east back yard wall replaced, and the inner, half-torn-down fence on the west side of the back yard removed.  That got kind of derailed by the whole water heater emergency.  But Thursday night I called the guy, and Friday morning he was here.  The first three items?  Done in one day.  The fence removal is scheduled for Monday.  And I am very impressed by his work and his price thus far and am very happily going to leave him good reviews.  Of course, this is probably a relatively minor project compared to the next one, which is taking out the cracked, breaking tile floor that is atop the hardwood in three-quarters of the house.... :/

Quilting-wise, I've been treating myself with mental cookies - for each step I work on the commission quilt, I get to work on another UFO.  So I've got the backing and binding all ready to go on Nancy's Quilt and just need child-free time enough to get it laid out and basted.  My "reward" project has been the Christmas wallhanging based on Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing pattern, from the workshop I took with Bonnie last year.  It too is now in the ready-to-baste stage.

Both guild meetings this week went well.  My guildmates liked both the Snuggly Ugly, and especially the flimsy for Nancy's Quilt.  I picked up about ten magazines from the freebies table (six are going back next month), got rid of a bagful of books and fabrics I would never use, and bought a Georgia Bonesteel book I've been searching for, for $1.  The April Block of the Month only had 35 turned in this month, but applique blocks are never as popular as pieced.  And next month's block (not up yet on the website) had all the handouts taken, so that's a good sign.  Also, I signed up for this year's workshop for me, which will be next month - a class with Deanne Eisenman.  I just hope the supply list goes up on the website sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment