Sunday, April 1, 2018

Chugging Away

Got the guild minutes typed up and mailed out to my fellow officers.  The board meeting is on Tuesday - eek!  I usually get them done much sooner than this.

I also got the center of Nancy's Quilt together and have the first border on and pressed.  Then I second-guessed my choice for the second border, binding, and backing and did a quick rummage through my stash.  Luckily I've gone through it recently so it's all in neat color order!  The mottled dark green fabric I chose initially I would have enough for border and binding, or backing and binding, but not all three.  I had another green (light sea-green batik) that would be enough, or a vintage (36" wide) blue/green directional print that might work for the border....

I consulted Wonderful Husband and he confirmed my decision to change the second border to the vintage fabric, and use the dark green for binding and backing.  Since it's a commission quilt I want a uniform backing.  And the green and blue in the vintage fabric will tie the green binding to the blue string blocks.  So it all works out. *knocks on wood*

Meantime, Squiddle picked out fabrics for another bag and I've got them cut and prepped.  So he and I just need to arrive at "can I sew now" and "yes I can help you sew now" at the same time.  (For instance, while I am making dinner?  Not the right time to ask....)

No comments:

Post a Comment