Sunday, April 8, 2018

Triumph

I have taken the erroneous pattern (jelly roll album blocks) and made it my own.  The wrong directions block has been fixed, a new proof-of-concept block sewn, and a third one cut and laid out on my cutting mat for sewing tomorrow.  (The Block of the Month board neatly fits three blocks plus a color copy of the instruction sheet.)  The text has been written for the instruction sheet; all I need to do is take another photo or two, pick the right one(s), and edit them.

Also, I may have turned my mother-in-law into a quilter.  I am unrepentant as I watch her stash grow!

On a less fortunate note, we are about to begin getting Stuff Done to the house again.  First was supposed to be some fence and garden bed demolition and repair.  We have a quote and a contractor we like, even!  Then this afternoon the water heater decided to spring a leak.  Grr!  At least it's the cold water leaking (see: two inquisitive little boys).  And we have the money to deal with it.  And getting it replaced with a tankless heater was actually on our list... just, a few items further down. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment