Wednesday, January 23, 2019

One Step/Stitch At A Time...

Yesterday my mother and I resumed our usual Thrift Store Tuesdays.  Which surprised me, as she's only a week out from surgery.  But she broached the idea, and felt up to it, so off we went.  I was good and got no fabric!  She bought a new sun tea jar, while I got two blouses, some Lego for Wonderful Husband, a pair of unopened wooden alphabet puzzles (one a giraffe, the other a dragon) for Squiddle, who's starting to learn his letters, a new pair of shoes for Jazzy, who has recently outgrown two of his three pairs, and a couple of Muppets/Sesame Street Little Golden Books that we did not have.  By the end of the store, though, Mom was feeling pretty winded.

I've got the label written out for the Spiraling Geese quilt, so I should get that sewn on and get it basted.  And I've also started catching up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Tiny Tuesdays blocks.  I somehow fell three weeks behind!  But I cut, pressed, and hand-stitched on Block 2 yesterday:


The red circles fabric was initially used to make Squiddle a pair of pyjamas (which Jazzy has since inherited) and every time I use the scraps I think of those PJs.  Two more blocks to go and I'll be caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment