Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sewing Days!

Realizing that guild is this coming week and I needed to get off my kiester and get my work done, I spent Friday working on Block of the Month.  I took inspiration from this quilt:


Which is an image I saved from a Goodwill auction sometime in the last couple years.  If you look at it closely, the blocks are made a couple different ways (and I can think of at least one more) but I needed to make it easy for my guildmates, so I drafted a uniform way to do it from 2 1/2" strips, stitched up a sample in red and another in pink, and wrote up the directions. Here's the red one:


Unfortunately, we're having printer problems at the moment, so while I normally get the color printout for the board done at Office Depot, I'm going to have to get the thirty handout copies printed as well... so I'm planning on stopping at the copy shop near my parents' place tomorrow.  It's roughly half the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment