Monday, January 21, 2019

Treading Water

Haven't been here in a few days. I apologize.  Life kind of got away from me for a couple days between my boys' classes at the community college starting up again, and my mother going into the hospital for a few days for surgery.  (All is well, she's out and recovering.)  Plus Friday I twisted my foot while going down the steps to the laundry room, and between that and a nice emotional stress breakdown I had to cancel going to Disney California Adventure on Saturday with my sister and niece.

Today is better.

Over the weekend I got a good deal (though not all) of the trimming done on the trees in the backyard and the bush in front of the electrical box.  I need to do more, but that has to wait until the yard waste gets picked up Tuesday morning and the bin is empty again.  I also got the backing pieced together for the Spiraling Geese quilt, using the extra blocks and a three-and-some-yards bit of blue fabric from the thrift store.  And I made cupcakes for Niecelet's birthday - cupcakes from a box, frosting from scratch.  Her birthday was actually yesterday, but we're celebrating today since she was at Disneyland yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment