Monday, January 7, 2019

Express Yourself

Haha!  No pictures today (maybe tomorrow), but I have been working on the round robin that's due back to my guild on Tuesday night.  Just two more leaves to hand-applique....

And I also realized I can't make the day guild this month. :(  It's Wednesday morning, which is when one of Jazzy's classes starts up again.  We're #2 on the waitlist, and I know the teacher will add us, but we have to actually be there for that to happen.  So I'll make the February meeting instead.

But!

Long before I ever started this blog, I was a fanfiction writer.  A relatively good one, I like to think, though never a BNF (Big Name Fan).  That mostly ended when I had children.  Leaving off in the middle of a seam to answer a child's need, it's easy to know where I wanted to go next.  Leaving off in the middle of a paragraph?  Not so much.  In writing, at least for me, momentum matters.

A few weeks ago, however, I got a review on one of my stories (left incomplete one chapter from finishing) that ended "even tho, ya know, this is never getting updated ever again and whatever".  Which, on one hand, it'd been four years since I updated it, so fair dinkum.  On the other hand, spite is a powerful motivator.  I pushed through, and in three nights wrote about 3,500 words, finished that last chapter, and posted it to both my Dreamwidth account and my Livejournal account.  I'll let it sit a few days, see if I spot any more errors, then post it to fanfiction-dot-net, and upload the whole story to my Ao3 account.

I've always been happy with my creativity, but it feels really good to have my oldest outlet for it (writing) active again alongside my newer one (quilting).

No comments:

Post a Comment