Sunday, January 13, 2019

Trudging Along...

I'm slowly trudging along with assembling the Spiraling Geese quilt, with 8.5" red string blocks as my leader/enders.  Here's a picture of where I was yesterday afternoon:


It's about as scrappy as I could make it: most of the duplicate blocks have been banished to the back.  I think I like it...?  Looking at this picture I'm less sure.  But regardless, I have three more strips to sew on, and then the top, at least, will be done.

I need to clean up the small heap of stuff by my sewing desk before the house showing today, but I did at least manage to take the old Comic-con booklet I had and cut it into foundation papers for more string blocks.  It's significantly lighter weight paper than the printer sheets I had used for the first two, which will make it much easier to tear the paper off the back later.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is the second one of these quilts that I've come across today. Should I be taking it as A Sign? (I do like making flying geese...)
    That's a fantastic scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee... yeah, I saw the one at https://saneandcrazy.blogspot.com/ today too, and thought it must be cosmic coincidence!

      Mine's actually made from blocks from an exchange I ran in my quilt guild, so it's definitely scrappy! I'm hoping I can finish it up in time for next month's meeting.

      And, thank you for commenting! I sometimes wonder if my writing here is read by anyone, but I guess it sometimes is. Good to know! ^_^

      Delete