Monday, September 28, 2020

Sewing Again

School changes for the boys coming up this week!  Since we have opted to have Squiddle remain an online student, one of the roughly 25% of grades K-1 in his school to do so, he's started with a new teacher today.  At least we got his testing finished last week!

And Jazzy starts school on Wednesday.  This is a calculated risk - I can help Squiddle with math and reading, etcetera, but I cannot help Jazzy speak better.  He needs professionals.  His class size will be small (5 or so), with daily temperature checks.  I haven't been able to confirm whether or not he will have to wear a mask on the bus (some sources said yes, others, no) so I may end up as a chauffeur.  Regardless, he does have to have masks for school (they will practice putting them on and off, if nothing else), so over the weekend I pulled out my box of bright/kid's fabrics, and he picked out five.  So I cut and sewed and he now has five flannel-lined masks all his own.

And since Jazzy got masks, Squiddle gets masks too!  So he picked out six fabrics and I cut those yesterday and am sewing them today.  I suppose next will be Wonderful Husband's turn.

Also!  Yesterday we all went out and got our flu shots.  I barely felt the needle go in, but Jazzy was wailing after his was done, so I took him to the toy and candy aisles while Wonderful Husband and then Squiddle got theirs done.  Everybody got a candy bar (and a lot of praise) as a reward for suffering through immunization.

No comments:

Post a Comment