Monday, March 6, 2017

Bound Up In Binding

I finished quilting the round robin piece yesterday and got the binding sewn on as well as the hanging sleeve stitched on and stitched down.  Today I'm working on getting the binding sewn down on the back.  Hoping to get it largely done in bits and snatches and maybe during Quilt-Cam tonight.  Then a quick wash and the project will be done.

Aside from that and taking care of two little boys, I've also got turkey soup simmering on the stove and have spent a bit of time weeding one of my larger garden beds.  I'm leaving the Egyptian onions in place, and it looks like a couple of last year's parsnips went to seed so now there're baby parnsips in a couple spots... but other than that, the bed is going to be planted in popcorn and pie pumpkins.  Low maintenance and I don't have to worry about missing the harvest window with popcorn.

I've also started ruthlessly shortening the Mount ToBeRead that resides on my desk.  Truth be told, I need to do a general purge of our four bookcases down to the stuff I really love.  (I should note: they are our bookcases, but most of the books on them are mine.  So I wouldn't be touching Wonderful Husband's books.  Just mine.)  But this is a start, and in the process I found I had The Runaway Quilt, so I put that on the bed for my reading material when Jazzy gets nursies.  So far it's pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment