Thursday, March 9, 2017

Switching Gears

Binding on the wallhanging is just over a quarter done.  But!  Tuesday night at the board meeting for the quilt guild, it was clarified that the paperwork for quilt show entries needs to be turned in next week - the entries themselves don't have to be turned in until next month's meeting.

Phew.

And in rereading the newsletter for my other quilt guild, I realized that the group meeting I thought was next Wednesday... was this week.  And since my parents delayed their departure until today, I was able to go.  And glad I did!  The speaker had some fascinating techniques for borders.

So, having set aside quilty stuff for a few days, I'm working on stuff for the trip up north next week.  I've finished the double-sided flannel blanket I've made for Niecelet (using up ~2.5 yards of flannel and a packet of baby blanket binding), and pulled patterns for a matching set of outfits for Squiddle, Jazzy, and Niecelet.

Of course, I also still need to make the Block of the Month samples for guild meeting next Tuesday night, but I think I can bang out these outfits pretty quick.  Let's see how quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment