Thursday, March 2, 2017

Deadline Looming!

I realized today that it's less than two weeks until the guild meeting which is the soft turn-in date for quilts for the April quilt show.  Now, I have four or five finished quilts I'd like to put in the show, but they all need hanging sleeves added.  And some of them more specific labels added.  And pillowcases or bags with my name on to go in.  Mrr.  Plus I want to sew a trio of cute kiddie outfits between now and the 15th....

But the important item for the quilt show is this:


Last year I participated in the guild's round robin challenge, and they'd like all five of them together in the show.  So this afternoon, while the boys were indulging in a rare nap-at-the-same-time, I tore apart my fabric shelves looking for this, then found it (of course) sitting on top of my sewing desk.  I've got it pressed, a label done up and sewn on, and spray-basted.  I've also cut out a bit of fabric for a hanging sleeve, marked quilting motifs for everything inside that third purple square, and prepped my sewing machine for free-motion quilting.

So in a bit, as soon as the boys let me, I'll be at my machine, quilting amidst the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment