Saturday, January 20, 2018

Blast from the Past, Part 2

Whee!  I spent a good part of yesterday hand-sewing the binding to the back of the Jacob's Ladder quilt, and I got it done!  When Wonderful Husband complained after his guitar lesson that his fingers hurt, I could relate.  Now I just need to make and stitch on a label, let it soak in Oxyclean to get out any age stains that will come out, and wash/dry it.  It will be a late gift (Niecelet's birthday is today), but as she's one, I don't suppose much that she'll care.  And if my sister complains, well, she was three months late sending my boys their birthday cards.  No leg to stand on.

Today we went en masse and raided Ikea, looking for a toy storage solution.  Wonderful Husband wants out of his killer commute and to work from home more days a week, which means shifting toys out of the office so he can close the door and it can be a workspace.  We ended up with a 4x4 Hallax unit in birch, and I'm busy seeing how many toys it can fit - and moving our boardgames out of the hallway closet and onto the top shelf, so we can see them and be more likely to use and enjoy them.

In any case, here is the second lap quilt that I made for Wonderful Husband's grandmothers, yonks ago:


This one is a little more complicated than the other, with scrappy purple Triple Nine-Patch blocks and free-motion quilting.  I have no idea at this juncture how I did that, save for inexpertly - as with the other, there are tiny folds caught in the quilting on the back.  But I still love the design, and think it turned out rather pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment