Monday, January 15, 2018

Back Home

We arrived back in California Saturday afternoon, jetlagged and varying degrees of sick.  What fun!  The jetlag is slowly wearing off (up with Jazzy at 6am yesterday, up with both boys at 5am today...) as are the headcolds.  Tidying up the unpacking mess is going a bit more slowly, unfortunately.

I gave myself yesterday as a grace period, but today I need to start doing stuff.  Excavating my sewing area, contacting the guild members who covered for me, getting ready to resume my Wednesday night writing class, etc....

I didn't do too much sewing while in England, but I did borrow my mother-in-law's sewing machine and stitch a bit on some block bits I'd brought with me.  I also finished one of my half-done thrift store embroidery finds.  For Christmas, I got several quilting books, about a yard of fabric that various gifts were wrapped in, a giant silver thimble to corral scissors and the like in, and a vintage quilt top from my sister!  I also purchased about four and a quarter yards of fabric.  I think this year I'm going to try measuring my fabric in-vs-out.

I also gave away six quilts this holiday season.  One each to my sister, sister-in-law, father-in-law, aunt and uncle, our dear friends whom we visit in Cambridge, and the baby quilt to Wonderful Husband's friend.  Whee!  Room to make more quilts!  I also made something like seventeen pillowcases for Christmas gifts, and a pair of Lilo and Stitch pyjama bottoms for Wonderful Husband (which I need to hem up because apparently the pattern thinks his legs are like 5" longer... and he's 6'1" so it's not like he's particularly short to begin with!).

And!  My mother-in-law made her first finished quilt!  She had the top done, and I helped her figure out how to sandwich and machine quilt it.  I have a picture to be posted later, after Wonderful Husband wakes and I can get my phone from the bedroom.

For now, little boys need entertaining....

No comments:

Post a Comment