Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wednesday Report

Finally both boys slept through the night last night, which means Mummy got to also!  Well, except for the part where I woke up half an hour before the alarm.  Ah well, more time to get things done, especially since tonight I go back to my writing class for the first time since Jazzy was born.

Yesterday I met up with my friend Debi, who had taken over Block of the Month for me while I was in England.  I always toss my six sample blocks into the kitty, but I never put my name in the drawing because of conflict of interest or whatever.  I told her I don't put my name in.  So guess what she did?  Put my name in.  And I won.  Twenty blocks!  Another UFO. ;_;

I also churned through more of the Jacob's Ladder quilt.  It's now about seventy percent done, and I will probably run out of white thread before finishing it, so I know what's on my shopping list today.

Meantime, here is my wonderful mother-in-law (hi, Mary!) and her quilt!


Some years ago she made a many-colored dream coat for Joseph for a production at the school she worked at, and this quilt is made from the leftover scraps.  I love how bold and colorful it is!  The solids plus the block pattern she chose give it a wonderfully modern look.

No comments:

Post a Comment