Monday, August 20, 2018

Discrete Goals

You would think cleaning up a house with the goal of photographing/showing it, and cleaning up a house with the goal of holding a yard sale would overlap a great deal.

Spoiler alert: they don't.

Today, I finished planting the bed in front of the garage and watered it in twice.  Yay, all neat and tidy and curb appeal-y with white cora vinca, purple salvia, and red-gold lantana.  I also planted three habenero plants in the side yard, replacing the ones that the 113 degree heatwave fried a month or so back.  They are... charmingly mismatched with the habenero plants that were already there.  I also transplanted the six surviving strawberries from the stackable planter, which is going in the yard sale pile.

Following that burst of morning energy, I worked on my side of the closet (warm clothing packed away, some things I don't wear much to the yard sale pile, and most of the hangers matching now).  Then I took the boys to a thrift store and Costco, getting most of the grocery shopping out of the way.  After lunch, I started in on the deep-dig project of cleaning the laundry room.  It's... half-done?  The shelves have been cleaned and the stuff we actually use placed back on them.  All my gardening hand tools have been put in the bag they're supposed to go in.  Work gloves have been mated, and the 2'x2' tool dungeon has been cleared out and swept and we've taken a look at what was in it.  And this evening, Wonderful Husband mulched the rosebushes out front, which I need to prune back, but the yard waste bin is full, so that gets punted to tomorrow.  Plus we made stir-fry for dinner and I cut up a quarter of a watermelon for dessert.

Tomorrow I have more cora vinca, salvia, and lantanas to plant along the front of the house proper.  I need to prune the roses.  I need to finish the laundry room.  And I need to start pricing stuff for the yard sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment