Saturday, August 11, 2018

Fair Day!

Today we went to the Orange County Fair.  Well, I say we, but we took two separate cars.  I was there by 8:30am to help set up and work the Orange County Quilters Guild booth.  I got there about 45 minutes before my guildmates (there was a freeway closure issue which I did not have to deal with and they did) so I got my Singer 301 set up and just spent the time sewing on the giant flying geese for the block exchange.  I also brought the pieces for the block of the month samples, and that big bag of partial jelly roll strips I got at Costume College.  I liked the peace and quiet of the opening shift - even if the stand for the Opportunity Quilt kept collapsing on one side.  Wonderful Husband and the boys arrived around the end of my shift at 11:30am.

It was hot and sunny today, and we had no hats.  And unfortunately, Wonderful Husband had been up until 3am primer'ing the newly restored office closet, so somewhere in the 2 o'clock zone he just crashed.  But the boys played in the splash zone for a while, Wonderful Husband got to check out some VR gaming, we went and looked at the livestock, and Squiddle and I rode the big Ferris wheel.  I also found Nancy's Quilt on display (alas, no awards) and enjoyed looking at the crafts entries.  So all in all a good day.  No deep-fried anythings, unfortunately; the booths that had the deep-fried cheesecake also fried pecan pies in the same vats.  Good way to kill people with a nut allergy....

No comments:

Post a Comment