Sunday, August 26, 2018

Yard Sard. Yale Sale. Yald Sald.

Two days of yard sale-ing netted us about $400 and we still have a garage full of stuff to categorize, enter into the donation app, and haul over to Goodwill.  I think Wonderful Husband has concluded this was not worth the hassle; despite doing pretty good signage and posting about it on Craigslist, we didn't get anything like the traffic he was expecting.

We were originally scheduled to have our house photographed for listing tomorrow.  Last night I put my foot down and said no.  There was no way in hell we were going to have the house ready.  We cancelled the appointment, to be rescheduled when we are closer to ready.  But emotionally I am burnt out, drained to the point where I almost want to put this off for six months and list come spring or something.

That said, we used the slower stretches of time to clean out the garage quite a bit.  We have two of these sets of shelves in the garage, and managed to tidy/trash the contents to the point where we effectively got one of them completely cleared.  So, progress.

Cute things of the day to leave you with: as I was getting up at 6am, I heard Squiddle (in bed and sound asleep) clearly say "Okay, Google.  Pause."  I wonder what he was dreaming about? ^_^  (And I wonder if the dream paused. ^_^)  And while Wonderful Husband was cleaning up the tool shelves, the power drill ended up on the floor.  Jazzy picked it up and went "Vrr.  Vrrr!" several times.  He clearly knows how it's supposed to work. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment