Thursday, August 2, 2018

Moving Back In

We're still hauling furniture back in from the garage following the whole floor refinishing debacle.  Yesterday saw the return of the coffee table (though not yet the sofa), the boys' bookcase (and its contents) and my grandmother's sewing desk.  We also hauled the 4x4 Ikea Kallax unit back out of the office and into a new location, and I did a sort/purge of some of the toys in it.  Those in the cull pile that haven't been played with by the end of today go in the garage sale pile.  All that remains now is hauling the sofa back in (ugh) and moving the fishtank back to the living room as well.

After running to Office Depot (more packing tape, and some labels for the boxes in the Kallax unit) and picking up a rug for the cat box, I went and picked up my 401.  I'm going to put it back into my grandmother's sewing desk, and it will be so nice to sew again!  (Though, as it's a slant-shank machine, I have neither a walking foot nor a darning foot for it, so quilting is right out.)

Then, this afternoon, I took the boys up to the splash pad area we discovered up in Fullerton.  I'd forgotten the Fullerton farmer's market is Thursday afternoon/evening, and it was all around the splash pad!  So I read and watched them set up while the boys played, and we bought some kettle corn and peaches on the way out. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment