Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Kristin Vs... The Desk

Blargh.  I am engaged in the epic battle of me vs. my desk.  I'm not sure which of us is actually winning, though I think I may be gaining the upper hand....

I did actually do some sewing today!  Last night at guild, I grabbed a bag of bits-plus-instruction-booklet off the freebies table.  It turned out to be a partially done Double Wedding Ring.  After riffling through it last night, today I pressed all the bits and started sewing them together.  I need to cut six more tiny pieces to make up the last arc, and sew the angled end bits onto the arc, but I counted and it looks like there's enough to make up a 4x4 layout.  Three of the rings are already complete; I will, however, need to get more white for the background parts, and try to match the green and melon that was used for the end squares.  Still, not bad - I transformed it from crumpled mess to workable project.

Now if only I can do the same for my desk....

No comments:

Post a Comment