Wednesday, June 3, 2020

49 Lashings

Gah!  Sorry I've been neglecting this blog!  I'll claim distraction by chickens and chicken tractor planning, or something. :)

No pictures right now because this is a hasty catch-up post before I go to bed.  I added a French Wheaten Marans chicken to the mix, but it died, but Wilco fortunately will replace chicks that don't make it!  So I have another.  Which is good, because she was by far the most expensive chick.  I've been adding grit to their feed daily, and uprooting dandelions from the yard (we have plenty!) to give them variety.  They love their greens. ^_^

I finished two more fanfics for Check, Please and have them both in the beta-reading phase.  One is a 6K+ werewolf story I've been grinding on for months; the other was 5400 word American Gods-inspired work that came together in one day.  What a difference!

My parents came over last week in my dad's truck and I was able to use it to get half a yard of garden soil at one of the landscaping centers.  Between that and the 3.5 bags of Costco soil we had left out in the barn, I've got all three of my garden beds filled finally.  This evening I lashed together a 6' x 6' bamboo trellis.  49 lashings!  But it's done and waiting out on the patio.  I have the materials for two more out in the garage.

I also went to a board meeting of the Quilters By The Bay as the incoming secretary.  As I'm kind of accustomed to, I was the youngest person there.  By rather a lot.  But I like them and I like the guild.

And, there's been no sewing or quilting getting done, but I finally got my quilts back from the person in Texas!  I'm really really happy about that because one of them is the only quilt I have from my maternal grandmother....

No comments:

Post a Comment