Wednesday, November 15, 2017

BoMs

Since I run the block of the month for the Orange County Quilters Guild, I'm always trying to be a month ahead of seasonal events.  Though I admit some months I give myself a break and go non-seasonal!  The block to turn in at the November meeting, for instance, was this 1930s Twist block:


It went across fairly well - 67 blocks got turned in last night (including my six sample blocks), and one guild member told me she'd made enough of them for a queen-sized quilt for herself!  Obviously I need to do more blocks themed on reproduction fabrics.

Next month's block is an applique block I drafted myself.  Christmas ornaments!  Very simple, just a circle and a square on a green background.  Though I did list a couple ideas on the instruction sheet for how to jazz things up, should the creator be so inclined. :)


This year I've been having everything finish to either 6" or 6"x9".  I think next year I'll go a little bigger and have 8" blocks be my goal.  And, since I'm missing January's meeting, I'll need to have January and February all ready for the next guild meeting.  Time to put on my thinking cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment