Monday, November 27, 2017

Roger's Quilt

And here's the other finish for this month!  I present Roger's Quilt:


I've been saving up some of these fabrics for years.  There's, let's see, two train fabrics, three golf fabrics, one baseball fabric, and two (the blue and the gold) that were in a grab bag with some of the others and just went with.  The brown sashing and binding came from the freebies table at guild last month, the green border fabric was another grab bag find, and the red cornerstones were sitting in my stash.  Actually in my Civil War fabrics pile, but still stash.  And the backing, which is not pictured, is also deep stash.

I was constrained by how little I had of some of the fabrics.  I ended up trying to alternate dark and light diagonal rows just to make it work.  The gold's not as light as I would like for that arrangement, but, again... working with what I had.  Simple straight-line quilting both diagonally through the blocks and vertically and horizontally through the sashing.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Finished. A very handsome quilt. I particularly like the corner stones. He will be thrilled. Mx

    ReplyDelete