Sunday, November 26, 2017

Keziah's Quilt

Finally, a post with pictures!  Here is Keziah's Quilt:


The blocks are Bonnie Hunter's "Idaho Squares" pattern, both from her Addicted To Scraps book... and from her Addicted To Scraps column in Quiltmaker magazine, back in May/June of 2015.  I've been making these as leader/enders for a while now, out of small bright squares and blue/pink/purple centers.  I had a stack of twenty-one done, and used sixteen for this quilt.  I'd always intended them to go into a baby quilt, so, perfect!  The orange batik inner border and turquoise batik outer border and binding have been sitting in my stash for probably fifteen years, waiting for their chance to shine.


I'm also kind of proud of the back.  I'd been thinking of using up some of the pink flannel that I probably have a whole bolt of, but these four flannel pieces turned up in one of the huge $4 grab bags I sometimes find at one of the local thrift shops.  No two pieces were big enough on their own, so I staggered them and made a pieced back.  Serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment