Monday, November 13, 2017

Things I've Been Working On

The other day Wonderful Husband gave me some advice which more-or-less amounted to find the time and just baste some tops and quilt them already.  So I did so, basting one night after we got Jazzy and Squiddle into bed, then spending the next day doing some simple straight-line quilting on this:


This one is 70" square, and I don't really have anything in mind for it.  Sofa quilt, maybe.  I just took 49 of the 50 alternate squares I had made (double size, so 10" rather than 5") I had made once upon a time for Bonnie Hunter's Garden Party pattern, and sewed them together.  I still like the pattern and I would like to make it someday, but right now I'd rather have a finished quilt than yet another set of blocks hanging out in my WIP bin.

If I had to do this one again, I might use a darker fabric for the binding, but otherwise I'm perfectly satisfied with it.  The backing is a red print I've been hanging onto forever and was just about the perfect size - one corner was about an inch shy so there's a small hand-piecing slash on the back, but if you don't know it's there, it's darn near invisible. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment