Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Guild Round Robin, Month 2

Here's my completed round for this month's Round Robin challenge for the Orange County Quilter's Guild:


I was really stuck on what to do with this one, until I remembered what one of the speakers at the Orange Grove Quilter's Guild said about Round Robin projects: set them on point.  So I drafted up stripey setting triangles and my math was pretty much dead-on.  Though I do have to admit that as I was sewing the navy and orange and pale gray all together, I kept feeling like this was for a college or sports team!  Something about the way the colors went together.  That and the fact that I was mostly dealing with solids instead of prints, maybe?

Anyhow, I'm turning this one in at the meeting tonight and getting the last piece to work on.  And then next month we all get our original projects back.  I can't wait to see what three other quilters have made of the the one I turned in!

No comments:

Post a Comment