Sunday, November 19, 2017

Progress!

I sat down late this afternoon and, while the boys played in the backyard, and then, after dark, while Squiddle watched Wonderful Husband play Breath of the Wild and Jazzy had nap #2, powered through quilting the baby quilt.  I sew them so infrequently that I always forget how fast I can quilt something that's just 50" square.  Even with (mostly) free-motion quilting!  So now I just have to cut and sew on the binding, wash it, and it's done.  (Yes, it has a label.  I try to put those on the back before basting, so they're quilted in.)

And Wonderful Husband helped me pick out a backing for the quilt for his father.  It's a lovely vaguely-Asian indigo and cream print that's been in my stash since before we married.  I kept holding onto it "for something special."  Well, "special" fabrics never get used, so I'm striking that phrase from my sewing vocabulary.  See The End Of The Stash and Stash Less.  A quilt for my father-in-law is certainly something special, so off that hoarded fabric goes!  And whatever trimmings remain after it's quilted, well, maybe I'll finally start that blue-and-white Triple Irish Chain quilt I muse about sometimes.

(Also, Wonderful Husband is not a quilter, but wow he has a fantastic eye for color combinations!  He picked the alternate squares and both borders for the baby quilt, and I have to admit his choice for the backing for his father's quilt is dead on and much better than what I had picked out.  I love this man.)

1 comment:

  1. aww - you have made my eyes water :) Glad everything is falling into place. Mxx

    ReplyDelete