Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Family Quilts, Far and Near

 I finished the quilt top for my cousin's child.  I give you Rainbow Mermaid:

I don't like it quite as well as Squiddle's Rainbow Quilt (maybe the black made that pop more for me?), but I think it's a good quilt for a baby/toddler.  And, hey, in a few years her parents can use it to teach her colors.

Actually, on further consideration, maybe it's just that I don't like the above photo, because it was taken at night with indoor lighting.  I think the quilt looks better in person and in daylight.

Also while going through the photos on my phone, I found these pictures from the quilt I gave to my mother at Christmas:


I laid out the quilt on my queen bed, so I know it's a good size for my parents'.


A closeup of the feather wreaths I quilted in the open squares.  I'm quite pleased with them.


In the pieced squares I went for a simpler motif, yet they were more difficult to do, simply because of the extra bulk at the seams and especially the intersections.

And I made a pair of matching pillowcases!

No comments:

Post a Comment