Thursday, December 31, 2020

Year's End Post

I kind of want to say nasty things about a cursed year and express wishes for a better one to come, but that seems like tempting fate.

So instead, I will say that today I got the backings for both baby quilts finished, and both quilts basted.  I also whip-stitched the leftover batting from those endeavors together:

...and have that ready, together with the Christmas wallhanging and its backing, to baste together.  Then I will have three smaller projects ready to quilt.

It's popular among quilters to pick a focal word, something for them to think on and strive toward, for each new year.  I'm not going to do that.  But I will be making three sort-of resolutions.

(1) I will write 400 words of fiction each day.

(2) I will only go to the fabric store when absolutely nothing from my stash will work.  Sew up what I've got!

(3) I will only eat when I'm actually hungry.

Let's see how long I can cleave to these goals.

1 comment:

  1. I love your 3 goals for 2021. They are awesome! After not writing for a few years, I will be joining a [new to me] group when they meet up later in Jan. Quilting and writing are wonderful things. Our goals are similar and I'm glad I found you via Stashbusters because I've just enjoyed a peruse through your blog. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete