Saturday, December 12, 2020

Feathers!

This afternoon we made an outing of it today and drove across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge over to the (bigger) Joann Fabrics, where I did in fact find a suitable orange batik for Squiddle's quilt!  I also purchased a wide flannel backing so that I won't have to stress over seams.  And I let myself have one splurge: a yard of this Star Wars fabric.  (Wonderful Husband: "Han Solo says gay rights?")  It's quirky and I'll never see it again, so.

Last night I got the quilt for my mother basted.  (And this morning I steam-mopped the floor to get up any excess spray baste.)  I had tried marking circles on the alternate squares with the water-soluble markers I had, but they were old and heading toward dried out, so it was an uphill battle.  I got new ones at Joanns, and oh my they made such a difference!

You can kind of see the triple circles I marked (using a dinner plate, a soup bowl, and a small canning ring) to use as guidelines for feather wreaths.  I got four quilted before the boys turned in tonight.  Thirteen more to go!  They're being so easy because there isn't any seamline bulk to fight against.  Of course, I had to remember how to do them, so maybe don't look too closely at the first one. ^_^;  And in the picture above, you can see the fabric I used for the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment