Friday, January 1, 2021

Pink? Pink? Well, what's wrong with pink?

Writing, day 1: 565 words.

I didn't stay up until midnight on New Year's.  I do remember waking up briefly when Wonderful Husband came to bed at 12:03, but, really, I chose sleep and chipping away at my exhaustion over listening to another hour of people shooting off fireworks.

When I got up, I fed the cat, let the chickens out, and got the Christmas wallhanging basted.  I then spent a fair amount of the morning doing cleaning - getting the kitchen back in shape, and sorting and returning to the boxes in the garage all the fabrics I've allowed to build up in my sewing space while working pedal-to-the-metal on Christmas quilts.  I folded and stowed the ironing board, since I won't need it for a bit, and set up a small ironing space atop one of my sewing desks instead.  There is ever so much more space now!

January's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is pink!  So I've decided to use up some tiny scraps that I got from Quilters By The Bay's last in-person sewing session:



I'm using them to make Temecula Quilt Company's Vintage Valentine!  I got the first two tiny blocks done this afternoon:

I also pulled out my stainless steel kitchen bowls and found three that worked for outer, middle, and inner markings for feather wreaths on the Christmas wallhanging.  So that got marked and I've got one quilted so far... we'll see if I do any others tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment