Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Into Every Life, Some Rain Must Fall

Ugh.  Pictureless post.  Somehow this has turned from a quilting blog to a Barbie clothes making blog?  Well, whatever.  Keeps me off the streets and out of the bars, as the saying goes.  And I'm sure the pendulum will swing back at some point.

My father thinks it's stupid that I, a woman in her mid-40s with no daughters, is playing with Barbie dolls again.  But I note he says exactly nothing about my younger sister buying the "collectors" Barbies and keeping them mint-in-box until someday, magically, they become worth significantly more than what she paid for them.

I've finished the newest sleeveless blouse, which is 100% lined, so it looks quite nice, and cut out three pairs of trousers from the same pink fat quarter - one for Petite (to go with the blouse), one 3/4" longer so it'll fit Bellybutton, and the last one another pair of the bellbottoms, so they'll fit Curvy.  Haven't sewn them yet, because....

I have Covid.

Wonderful Husband and I managed to dodge it for more than two and a half years, and everyone in this household is fully vaxxed and boosted, so fingers crossed.  The minute we found out he had it, he put on a mask indoors and has been isolating as best he can - I've been staying in the guest room.  But. *shrugs*  Sometimes your best isn't enough.  Now we're just trying to keep from passing it on to the boys.

Aches and fever and bad sleep for me so far.  He's had the same.  I was hoping the bad sleep was attributable to sleeping in a Bed That Is Not Mine, but I guess not.

Wish us luck.

1 comment: