Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Ugh. Barbie Box!

So, it turns out everyone in the family is Covid-positive.  Joy.  At least Jazzy seems asymptomatic.  Squiddle is congested and mildly achy, and I'm still in the fever and coughs stage.  Wonderful Husband, as I type this, is unconscious and napping so I can't get a status update, but earlier he thought he was on the upswing of things.

I did nap for a couple hours this morning, dozing and sliding in and out of consciousness.  But unlike Wonderful Husband, I can't actually sleep all day when I'm sick.  So, project time!

Sitting at the dining room table and sweating buckets, I worked on rehabbing one of the Barbie cases I've bought to house my expanded collection:


When it arrived, it was a good deal dustier, and had a penny affixed to the front with packing tape.  Why???  After pulling the packing tape off, I used Goo Gone to clear off the sticky residue, and that shined up everything nicely, so I wiped the other sides with it too.


The inside is in mostly good shape.  But it's missing the accessories boxes that should be in the "wardrobe" sections.


Also missing: the elastic that snaps onto those two nubs and keeps the dolls from falling out when the case is opened.  Fortunately, one of my random assortment of snaps fits onto those!  Unfortunately, I only have the one.  When I'm allowed to be back in public again, I'll have to see if Joann's Fabrics has any more snaps that size.


And here she is as she stands now.  I cut down a cereal box and used my glue gun to make the accessory boxes.  When I am allowed out again, I plan to get some pretty scrapbook paper and some Modge Podge and cover the boxes.  I also bought an 80-pack of doll hangers from Amazon, which should be enough to take care of all the doll clothes hanging I could ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment