Tuesday, August 23, 2022

I See London, I See France

I got a vote each for two of the fabrics for the 1967 dress.  So I decided to do both!  Today I cut and stitched up the first of them.


I get that miniskirts are a thing, Women's Sexual Liberation and all that.  But.  Um.  If it weren't for the rick-rack I added, I think Ms. Blue would be having a bit of a modesty problem. ^_^;;;

So!  For attempt #2, trying to get a bit closer to the inspiration image, I'll be adding about an inch and a half of length!

Pattern notes: there is a slit-fold-back-and-stitch-down in the center back, which is exactly the right length for me to wriggle this "gown" onto Ms. Blue.  A little bit too exactly the right length, in fact; it was a tough sell.  I think I need to move the end point of the slit down about a quarter inch.  The neckline is enclosed in 1/4" bias tape, with 4 1/2" of it hanging free on either side and tying into the bow you can just see by Blue's ear on the right.  Between the length and the tying it on, this almost feels like a painter's smock. :)  Maybe I should make one in white and "decorate" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment