Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Busy Busy Busy!

Ugh.  I've been pushing through on some projects recently because they have deadlines coming up.  For instance, I made up ten scrappy Noon and Light blocks for Block Lotto for April (the limit is nine, but they were easiest to make by pairs so I donated the extra):


And apparently I won the Lotto for the month, so at some point I'll have 27 more blocks heading my way!  I did a quick counting sketch, and I think a sashed on point setting might give me a nice quilt... and only need me to make four more blocks.

I also typed up and sent out the April meeting minutes for my guild.  Officers meeting tonight!  I need to print out copies.

Yesterday I cleared off my doubled sewing table (I have my Singer 15 set up in front of my grandmother's sewing desk so I have a large surface to support quilting).  Right now I have Nancy's Quilt under the needle.  I got all the gold frames and border done (straight-line quilting) and all the blue string blocks (free-motion back and forth lines across the strings).  If I can quilt the six embroidered panels, the outer border, and get the first pass of sewing on the binding done today, I'll be good.  Mother's Day is just over a week and a half off, and I'll still need to hand-sew down the binding, make and attach a label, wash and dry and deliver the quilt.  Augh!  (And this weekend is scheduled to be Toilet Training Boot Camp for Squiddle, so I need to be done by then.)

Plus I have writing class tomorrow night (60 pages to edit), Member's Prom at the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific on Thursday night (okay, just an excuse to go on a date and dance with my husband a bit), and Limited Class selections are due for Costume College by Friday.  Plus I need to write up a handout and sew up a few samples for Block of the Month for guild on next Tuesday, and get everything prepped for taking a workshop class next Thursday.  Busy busy busy!

1 comment:

  1. Slow down - slow down - you are putting the rest of us to shame! Please don't overdo it. I love your scrappy blocks - looks complicated? Enjoy the prom and tell us more about the workshop class sometime. Much love to you all for Boot Camp this weekend - especially Squiddle xxx Mary

    ReplyDelete