Thursday, November 22, 2018

T-Minus One Day

No sewing yesterday, but a bit of Thanksgiving prep cooking.  First up, my chunky cranberry sauce, which is from a recipe I cut out of a magazine years ago - cranberries, orange juice, water, orange zest, sugar, and minced ginger.  I bought two 12-ounce bags of cranberries, and by the time I was done culling out all the bad ones, I had slightly less than the 16 ounces the recipe calls for.  Argh!  Whatever, it was enough.


Next up was an apple pie, for those who might not care for pumpkin.  This one's easy - Apple Pie II from The Joy of Cooking.  I usually make the crust with part white whole wheat flour, but this time I couldn't be bothered to dig out the second container of flour.  So the crust was a very soft one, but it browned nicely.  My artistic skills on the apple are... lacking.  Alas.


Also prepped ahead of time: whipping up a few cups of heavy cream with a touch of sugar and vanilla extract.  But a white container of white cream isn't particularly photogenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment