Sunday, November 18, 2018

New Chair!

The other week the boys and I went with my mother to Savers, as we usually do on Tuesdays.  And there was a sewing desk chair there.  I took a brief look at it, walked away, and thought no more about it.  Until I did, a few days later.  And I thought some more.  And considered.  And decided that if it was still there Tuesday of this week, it was meant to be mine.

And it was.

The stool I was using has been snugged underneath the 15, whose cabinet it actually matches.  This is my new-to-me sewing chair:


The upholstery looks ugly, and I'd love to recover it some day, but for now it's that durable 1960s fabric that wears like iron.  It's a Singer chair (still has its tag) and the cushion removes for a bit of extra storage underneath.  The cushions are untrammeled by time, and overall it's pretty clean.


It fits well with my sewing desk, doesn't it?


Amusingly, after looking at it, my mother commented that my grandmother had that identical sewing chair.  A quick check of her garage failed to turn it up, so... there exists a non-zero chance that this is actually my grandmother's sewing chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment