Thursday, November 8, 2018

Argh.

Has it really been a month since I've posted?  I'm going to blame it on house-selling stress (which I am not going to rant about here/now/yet again) and on the cord that lets me transfer photos from camera to computer going walkabout.  (Still haven't found it.)

Let's see... after season 4 of Octonauts dropped on Netflix, we discovered that there is in fact a Gup-S.  But it's based on a narwhal, not on a snake.  I liked Squiddle's design better!  He continues on telling me stories at bedtime, some obviously cribbed from the Golden Books we read him, some less so.  Donald (Duck) and "his three boys, Huey, Dewey, and who's the other one?" are frequent central characters.  Squiddle has also coined the portmanteau term "holication" (holiday + vacation), which I think is a keeper.

Jazzy is very clever but still not speaking.  I'm hopeful that his weekly speech therapy sessions will start bearing fruit eventually, because his four-months-younger cousin is very verbal, and he's nine months behind Squiddle starting to talk.  But he has the loveliest laugh, and I think has impressed his speech therapist with some of his cognitive skills, so it will come when it comes.  He has figured out how to get a cup of iced tea from the fridge when he wants some... which works better when he's not trying to use a juice box as a "cup"!

I've finished sewing two quilt tops and turned one of the two vintage tops I picked up at the guild's garage sale into an actual quilt.  I don't know why I like the uglies as much as I do.  But there's something bohemian in their mismatched make-do charm.  I can't make quilts like that, but I can certainly love them!  I also sewed about half of Squiddle's Halloween costume.  Wonderful Husband took the boys trick-or-treating this year while I handed out candy.  Including them, seventy kids came around this year.  We were definitely among the best-tricked-out houses.  I want to continue that, adding a little more every year.  It's just FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment