Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Going Swimmingly

Whee!  I got the mermaid quilt basted today and all the straight-line quilting done.  All I need to do tomorrow is the "artistic" free-motion quilting of waves in the border, and it's done!

Well, y'know, except for binding it and sending it through the washer and dryer....

Here's the backing, with the main fabric on the left, and the pieced center strip on the right.  I think I have enough left of the center strip fabric to make the binding.  But oh I love the main fabric... the parts that read beige in the picture are actually gold, and it looks like a sea glass mosaic to me.


When we were at Target the other day, I found this lovely lady in the Christmas ornaments section.  She was the last one left.  Since my (almost two-year-old) niece, whom this quilt is for, is reportedly enamored of Disney's The Little Mermaid, this seems appropriate to tuck in with it.


And as I took it with to Jazzy's speech therapy this morning, and worked on sewing it down while I waited in the reception area, I'm now up to half the binding done on the Autumn Colors....

No comments:

Post a Comment