Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday Report!

I spent part of this morning wrestling with the embroidery dilemma, but in the end rolled it up inside a clean pillowcase and put it on a shelf.  I'm not a Karen; it's not worth risking coronavirus for my whole family just to get some art framed.

I did get three loads of laundry done and away today, as well as dishes, and steamed fifteen eggs, but somewhere in there I tweaked my right shoulder such that I had to use my non-dominant hand to fish the eggs out of the pot.  Acetaminophen didn't take care of the pain, so I also took some ibuprofen a bit ago, and between them they seem to be nullifying most of it.  I also discovered that the fabric masks need a quick pressing after washing in order to look decent again.  Meh, whatever.

My parents arrived up here today, though I haven't seen them yet.  They drove something like 1,140 miles in two days.  (As I said yesterday, I think they're insane, but whatever.)  Whenever I get the third garden bed built and put in place, I'm planning to borrow their truck and get some garden soil.  But first I have to get all that soil/grass separation done, which will take my shoulder being better!  And since it's warming up (my parents brought the California weather north with them) and will be hitting eighty degrees this weekend, I also need to get the straw mulch on my one planted bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment