Monday, May 11, 2020

Catching Up

On Mother's Day I went over to see my parents' new place.  It has potential, but needs a bit of work to bring it out.  Lots of yard, certainly!  I took over a selection of jams, some cotton yarn I've picked up here and there, the driftwood/seashell windchime I made, half a dozen masks, and a rhubarb pie.

We had a heatwave over the weekend, but it's cooled off a bit again.  It reminded Wonderful Husband and I that we want to install ceiling fans in at least the bedrooms.

I also, amusingly, got a cold call on Saturday from Quilters By The Bay asking if I'd be willing to be secretary!  I give off secretarial vibes, I guess?  I said sure.

Today was started by Jazzy climbing into our bed at 5:30, then deciding he didn't want to sleep.  So I had to get up to keep an eye on him.  Early afternoon he fell asleep on the sofa, half on top of his brother, as they watched Teen Titans.  I did not nap.  But at least I finished making four more masks, so we're up to six again.  Need to dive into the stash in order to make more!

And our refrigerator, which like all the appliances in the house is three years old, has stopped chilling the fridge half.  We had a repairman out today who did something that might have fixed it, but given that the temperature hasn't gone down much, we need him to order a new part.  At least it's all covered under our new homeowners warranty.  And, hey, the threat of having a non-family member see our place spurred me into a massive cleaning/tidying session downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment