Thursday, May 11, 2017

Bobbing Along...

The boys had some overlapping nap time this afternoon, so (big surprise) I sewed!  The last twelve X-Plus blocks got put together and pressed.  Tomorrow I hope to do a layout on the bed and shuffle blocks around until it looks good, then get the top ready to sew together.

This evening I sewed the bottom sashing strip onto the May row of the quilt I'm doing from the Blocks of the Month I'm making up for my guild.  (...I still need to put together the April blocks for myself. ^_^;;)  And I cut the sashing strips and on-point triangles for the June row.  Every other row thus far has had twelve blocks, but I did the math and eight on-point 6" blocks maps pretty dang well to the twelve straight-set ones.  At least in theory.  I'll wait to see if the numbers actually pan out in practice!

Tonight I also submitted my limited class choices for Costume College.  Cutting it fine, eep!  For some reason I had the 19th in my head as the last date for picking classes.  It's a good thing I looked at the paperwork last night, because it's not the 19th - it's the 12th!  Anyhow, I have a significant disagreement with the way limited classes assignments have been getting decided last year and this year, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment